Get tax and MOT reminders
Free service by vehicle registration number
You can now sign up for free reminders by email or message when your road tax or MOT is due to be renewed
How am I reminded?
- 1 Month before your tax or MOT is due
- 14 Days before your tax or MOT is due
! DVLA are fining motorists up to £1,000 for driving a vehicle without a valid MOT certificate.
Using this free tax and MOT reminder service
You need to have:
- A vehicle registration number
- A valid email address that you check regularly
Check the terms and conditions for MOT reminders
When should I stop reminders?
Remove your vehicle from the reminders service. Users will remove a vehicle when they have:
- Sold or transferred to somebody else
- Registered as off the road SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification)
- Written-off or scrapped
How do I stop using this service?
You can unsubscribe a vehicle quickly and easily by:
- Clicking the unsubscribe my vehicle link in the email reminder, or
- Removing the vehicle from your CarVeto account
Discuss your vehicle with the DVSA
Telephone: 0300 123 9000
Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 6pm
You can also contact our team
Register a free account
You can store one or more vehicles within CarVeto database and get reminders.
An account includes valuable information about your vehicle
- Car ownership
- Vehicle reminders
- Previous accident damage
- Mileage alerts
- Theft alerts
- Outstanding finance
- Plate changes
- Car insurance queries
You will need a vehicle registration number to start.
Use this link if you want a comprehensive vehicle history check via our database.